Thursday, June 5, 2008

Breakdown... Breakdown

Well, it's not the time to breakdown.
It's not the time to breakdown.
It's not the time to break up this love, (insert car)
Keep it together now.
It's not the time to break.
-Lyrics from Chris Daughtry Breakdown

Yeh, so driving home on 75 the other day, my tire decided to blowout... a half mile from my exit. Bah. Well I had a couple of options, a guy friend to call or my "gray area boy", but cars go SOOOO fast and where you pull over is so narrow, I didn't want to put them, or their cars, in danger. My other option was to call the 800 # on the back of my Texas Driver's License. "What," you say? You didn't know there was an 800 # on the back of your license. (go ahead and dig it out. I'll wait.)

The number is 800-525-5555; it is for Texas Roadside Assistance. It's slightly annoying because you call, you wait, and then they give you a local number for Texas Highway Patrol to call. The local number I was instructed to call was 214-320-4444. They said the guy would be there in 30 minutes to an hour. Grrr... Let's just say the story ended with me getting my spare tire put on and I didn't die.

Now I can vent/say what I really think. A) At least 3 or 4 cops drove past and didn't even slow down to make sure I was ok. So much for "Protect and to Serve." They suck! B) The only person that pulled over was a tow truck driver and that's because he wanted my money. At least he asked if I was ok. C) The highway patrol guy was Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber. Seriously. The hair and everything. At least I was able to get a good laugh out of it afterwards!

Well, it ended ok so I guess I can't complain too much. So anytime you have a breakdown, don't forget your driver's license!

No comments: