Wednesday, December 3, 2008

State Farm Is On Your Side

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday, my sister and I were laughing about how many times she's locked her keys in her car. I was like "Tee hee! I haven't done that in years." Yeh, that is until last night. I came home after my soccer game and got my keys, locked the door, got my soccer bag out of the trunk and remembered I need to get something else out of the front seat. Not thinking (aka too busy yakking on the phone with Casey - shout out!), I locked the car with the keys on the driver's seat. CRAP!

Of course the first person I called was my sister. When she's done this, her insurance has paid for the locksmith. Since we both have State Farm, I needed to know what I needed to do so I didn't have to pay for my own idiot mistake.

Here's how State Farm rocks my socks off: with my policy, they will pay up to $80 for any "Roadside Assistance." All I had to do was scan my receipt and email to my agent. The check went in the mail today. ROCK. STAR. Woo woo!

Part 2 of my story is how Pop-A-Lock is my new hero. The last time I dealt with a locksmith I was seriously scarred for life. Not only was he ghetto as heck, but he drove a complete beater that I really don't see how it was street legal and charged me nearly $200. (At the time I had no choice but to pay it.) Pop-A-Lock had a very pleasant dispatcher and after I placed the request, the technician (or whatever you call the locksmith service people) called within 5 minutes and let me know his ETA. And then he actually showed up when he said he would!

He showed up in a clean mini-van, was very professional and completed the job within 10-15 minutes. I could not have asked for better service, much less at 11 o'clock at night! The best part is they only charged me $55! So now I'm headed to get a spare key made. It probably won't kill me to get one, just in case.

Way to go State Farm and Pop-A-Lock!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suz,

I'm Rob Reynolds, I'm the Operations Director for Pop-A-Lock National HQ (and chief blog reader). I sincerely appreciate your comments about our little company. We strive to sustain our customer service culture in an era that seems to be falling away from that.

It is so rewarding, and makes my day so much better to see comments like the ones that you made on your blog.

Dallas is a huge area that is VERY hard to cover well. The franchise was granted to a new franchisee several months ago and they are pouring their hearts and souls into it, you have no idea how much this will mean to them and the tech (yep, thats the right word!)

I'm sorry that you had a problem, but I'm so glad that we could be part of the solution.

Lastly, I'd like you to be aware of our EDU (Emergency Door Unlocking) program, where we open doors for free if a child or disabled person is trapped.

Visit www.popalock.com to read more about it and any education about the program helps with prevention of that problem.

Rob Reynolds
pop@lock.com (nice email address huh?)