Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Park It!

Spring has sprung and it's time to move outdoors. If you read enough of my blogs, well if I write enough blogs, you'll see that I LOVE being outside. I love my rec sports leagues; I walk/run outside at least a few times a week; and if food or beverages are involved, it's a given I'm on a patio.

Dallas has tons of city parks to explore and enjoy. DallasParks.org has everything you need to locate your new favorite spot. There is information about classes for all ages, sports, events, maps for hiking and biking, and a ton more!

Personally, I love the Katy Trail. It reminds me of the Beartrail at Baylor. Sic'Em! It is 4 miles long with several entry points along the way. In addition to the "official" entry points, there are several beaten paths that you can use to access the trail. Occasionally I will wear the cute workout clothes to go on Katy Trail because you do see a lot of people. Who knows? If I trip and fall, I don't wanna look terrible in the process!

Cole Park is another fave. It has several tennis courts (but they require a reservation), soccer goals, an open field and a small playground. It's next to the West Village so it's easy to take a stroll from the park to a number of great restaurants. Work off the Burger Bar by taking a walk to the park!

Wanna work outside? Check the Dallas Observer online for the weekend hot spots? Catch up on celeb gossip? There are several parks with free WiFi access: Timberglen, Campbell-Green, Lake Highlands, Ridgewood-Belcher, Exall, Kidd Springs rec centers and Tietz Park.

Dallas parks offer a multitude of activities for Dallas-ites. There is no reason to be bored in this city!

No comments: