Sunday, July 27, 2008

Crooked Tree Coffeehouse

In a previous post I mentioned a new independent coffee shop, Crooked Tree Coffeehouse. Finally I got to go this evening with two of my girlfriends and I loved it! From the outside it looks quaint and cozy, like a cute old lady's cottage. The inside is just as quaint and cozy as I expected. Warm colors, eclectic paintings and digital photos cover the walls. The space is very open and airy. The photos are are for sale for $3-7. I love the way the pictures are mounted and arranged on the wall. It gave me a decorating idea for my apartment!

The employees are very friendly and give great service. The coffee served is fair trade certified. They also serve green tea, chai tea and the standard assortment of coffee drinks: lattes, machiato, cafe au lait, etc. Some food is served but it's just light nibbles and sandwiches. A fellow patron ordered a sandwich of some sort and it looked quite yummy! The prices are very reasonable. Expect to pay about $2-3 for a drink.

With early to late open hours 7 days a week, I hope to spend a lot of time at the Crooked Tree!

2414 Routh Street, Dallas, TX 75201
Phone: 214-953-1142

UPDATE:
Daily Hours
Monday-Thursday: 6am -11pm
Friday: 6am - Midnight
Saturday: 7am -Midnight
Sunday: 8am - 9pm