Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Jen Lancaster Turns Me Into a Blubbering Idiot



She was here! She was here! She was here!

I met her and she's as fabulous as she is in her books and blog! Most of you know she is my girl crush/girl soul mate... She totally lives up to that! I cannot thank my seester enough for giving me her first book!

Here's tonight, in a nutshell (I'll post pics tomorrow...)
  • I am not even close to being her only fan in Dallas. There were TONS! of people there for her reading/signing. AWESOME!

  • My friend Amy went with me. The event started at 7; we got tired of waiting and went to the bar next door to wait about 8:30 (Jen looked/commented at me when we left because I dropped my phone on the escalator); I got my book signed a little after 10; just like I'd hoped and prayed, I was the last in line so we could have a fabulous conversation and she could fall in love with me and we'd be instant bffs. (Poor thing, had been smiling, signing, answering questions and posing for pictures for 2 hours!)

  • She complimented my SHOES!!! MOST AMAZING MOMENT EVER!!! EVER!!! EVER!!!

  • I was a complete blubbering idiot. Note to self: don't tell favorite author she is your girl soul mate/crush. Awkward silence follows.

If you haven't yet, take a look at her blog and 3 books. I can't imagine you'd ever read anything more honest/funny in your life! Plus, we're neighbor stalking soul mates. Yeh, and I told her!

No comments: