Monday, May 12, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick!

This post isn't about a Dallas specific place, but there are several in the Dallas area. Care Now. Care Now is a Doc-In-A-Box that is totally legit. I remember the doc-in-boxes from childhood ear infections. I'd get an ear-ache on Saturday night and my mom or dad would take me to one of these places instead of the emergency room. Luckily they have improved in the last 15 years, and are rather awesome.

Care Now has several locations in the Dallas metroplex. Unfortunately, you will have to travel outside the 635 loop to get to one. Trust me, it's worth it! The North Dallas location has treated me for everything from Mono to severe sinus infections. Most recently, this weekend they helped me with a rather unpleasant infection and I will not share those details with you.

What makes them awesome, you ask? You go online, select a location and after you enter your insurance info, you're checked in. They will call you in about 20 minutes to verify your web check-in, and when your room is ready they call you. Trust me, it is so much more "fun" to wait at home than in a doctor's office with screaming children. **Warning, it may take between an hour - 2 hours for them to be ready, but at least you're not waiting there for that long.

They write your prescriptions and send you on your way. The next day they even call you to see how you're feeling! Seriously, when was the last time the doctor's office even called to remind you about an appointment.

They really do "Care. Now."

No comments: