Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dork? Dork? Party Of One?

Last night I stayed up ridiculously late finishing The Beach House, by Jane Green. So good! It totally deserves all the raves it's been getting.


Now it's time to move on to the next book on my list. However, I'm slightly b-r-o-k-e at the moment so it's time for me to hit up the Dallas Pulbic Library! It's the library so obviously you don't have to pay to borrow the books. There are a ton of locations around Dallas for convenience. If you want a book that is unavailable at your home branch, you can request the book be transferred from another branch.

There are online resources available as well. The entire card catalog is available through the website. Once you have your very own library card, you can go online, enter your card number and assigned/created pin number to renew books, request book transfers, pay fines, etc. Very simple and user friendly.

I'm excited to start my next book and to continue exploring the Dallas Public Library system. There are evening programs, book fairs, fund raisers and much more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we currently have.... about 40-50 books out from the library... well I shouldn't say "we"... the wife and kids do.

No I don't know why she has so many. But for popular books you can usually get on the waiting list for the book months before it comes out. We got on the list for Harry Potter in January... and the book didn't come out until like June or something... and we were still like #100 on the list or so.