Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ghost of Weekends Past, Present and Future

Weekend Past


Even though this weekend is almost here, I gotta tell ya about my last weekend. My friend Amy (shout out!) and I went to a fairly new bar called Black Friar Pub. We've been to this place before and sat at the bar. It was pretty fun last time so we thought we'd try it again. The bar is the best seat in the house. When it gets really crowded, we can still grab the bartender and get our beverages. There is a fun crowd and you never know who you'll run into.
Black Friar Pub - 2621 Mckinney AveDallas, TX 75204(214) 953-0599


Saturday morning my friend Nicole (shout out!) and I volunteered at the Alzheimer Association's Memory Walk at the Dallas Zoo. It was a super early morning, but totally worth it! We ended up having a great time and met some fun people. The whole thing got me really excited about the pubcrawl. The walk raised $300,000 and it is very encouraging and I can't wait to raise as much money as possible.


Saturday night a group of us went to the House of Blues to see the band Who's Bad? Who's Bad? is a Michael Jackson cover band. I got free tickets at Tasti Delight and thought it would be absolutely hilarious to go. It was hilarious, but it was one of the most entertaining concerts I've ever been to! They did everything from 70's and 80's MJ and even did a Jackson 5 set. It. Was. AWESOME! I do have a soft spot in my heart for the song "You Are Not Alone." By best friend since 7th grade used to sing that song in the back of English class. Gotta love it!

Weekend Present

Tonight a group of us girls are going to join the masses and go see the new movie "Twilight." I haven't read the books, but if I like the movie, I imagine I'll have a new series. I just can't imagine enjoying a book about vampires; however, that's what I thought about Harry Potter and I Loved. Loved. that series.

After the movie, a few of us will head to Club Dada in Deep Ellum for a show. I really excited to see Black Joe Lewis and the Honey Bears again. In addition to Black Joe Lewis, I'm really excited to hear my buddies Spammie and Jeff in their band Les Americains. They're a rock band with more melodic tunes. Don't take my word for what kind of music they play, as I'm NOT a music guru, but come check em' out! Tickets can be purchased at the door or online at frontgatetickets.com. If you purchase a ticket online, it's $19.

Weekends Future

For Turkey Day Weekend, I'm in town on Thanksgiving, but then headed to San Anton with the fam. I will totally be fat when I return. And I will love it.

That's about all I got for right now, but I'll write more soon. Promise! Oh yeh, I'll post a Turkey Trot/Bandage Dress update later this afternoon.

No comments: